Saturday, February 9, 2019

Remembering to Listen

Music. I can't read it. I can't play it. I'm told not only can I not sing it but that I have no pitch. Nevertheless, I understand it. It speaks to me.

From the stirring sensation of a Latin chant (Listen here) to the tear-jerking opening to the movie Up (Listen here) music speaks to my soul.

It inspires me, it consoles me, and it is there for me when I need it most. When I cannot put to words my own thoughts or feelings music is there. When I need the motivation to keep working on a paper, reading an article, getting from point a to point b, having fun with friends and remembering fond times, music is there. From moments of great joy to moments of great consolation and everything in between music has the answer. All we have to do is sit and remember to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment